Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to a better quality of life. To assure that KW Cares merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in KW Cares, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way it intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements
- To be assured their donations will be used for the purposes for which they were given
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers or staff of the organization or hired solicitors
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers
How to Donate
The first time someone donates
In order for us to accurately track donations and issue tax receipts, first-time donors should complete a Donor Form and include it with their check. Once we have received the form for a donor, it is not necessary to include it with subsequent donations.
How individuals can make a donation
By Check: Send to KW Cares, 1221 South Mopac Expressway, Suite 400, Austin TX 78746. Please include your name, MC# and email address. By Credit Card: Click to access a secure Website for online transactions. With every transaction, indicate the donation of your choice on Greensheets and submit an authorization form to your MCA.
Donation receipts can now be found on the Intranet by logging into KW.com and going to Reports then KW Cares. Donation totals will be posted monthly providing a running YTD total and can be printed at year-end for tax purposes. Donations from non-associates, will be receipted for the entire year via email in January. If an email address is not provided, a hard copy will be sent to the mailing address provided.